Deputy Digital Director
The Deputy Digital Director role will be responsible for maintaining a content program for the Governor’s campaign social media accounts. This person will manage all day-to-day social media content as well as long-term content strategy. This role will be responsible for reporting out weekly metrics across platforms. This position will report to the Digital Director, and it is not an entry-level role.
The Deputy Digital Director will work with the broader digital team to push the Governor’s messaging across digital channels, connecting with voters directly on the issues that are most important to them.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Maintain the day-to-day content calendars for the campaign social media accounts.
- Draft social copy that resonates with the different audiences across platforms.
- Look for opportunities to produce rapid response content on social media.
- Draft long-form content, such as blog or website materials, on top campaign issues.
- Work closely with the Multimedia Producer to coordinate any visual assets, such as GIFs, graphics, photos, or videos.
- Analyze social media metrics and produce weekly reports that identify overall trends and recognize opportunities for growth.
- Manage our Spanish-language digital content program, translating core campaign materials but also bringing community-specific content ideas to the table.
- Manage our social media volunteers, giving them the tools they need to amplify the Governor’s message online.
- Knowledge of how to craft a message for different social media platforms and audiences that encourages followers to take action.
- Familiarity with publishing social media content for a candidate or political figure with a significant following.
- At least one cycle of digital experience, either on a campaign or with a political firm or organization.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Campaigns are hard work. The candidate for this role must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
- Experience creating vertical content for Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Basic graphic design and photo editing skills in Adobe Creative Suite or similar programs.
- Knowledge of social media analytics and metrics reporting.
- Editorial experience with long-form content is a plus.
- Experience writing video scripts for a candidate or principal.
- Fluency in Spanish and a solid understanding of how best to reach Spanish-speaking communities on digital platforms.
- An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus.